Tuesday, January 29, 2008

FUNDAMENTALS OF CODES OF ETHICS (CoE)...

Dear all,

I intend to start my contribution by looking into fundamental issues about Codes of Ethics, like getting an overview of definitions, recommendations, do's and don'ts. I'll post the results on the blog as soon as I can, we'll see.!

Torill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone, I thought I would introduce myself to those of you who don't know me. My name is Gabrielle Holmefjord, and I originally come from Melbourne, Australia. In 1975 I travelled to Europe with the intention of being away for 2 years, but during that time I met a Norwegian on the Orkney Islands, and I moved to Norway and got married. I'm now divorced, but I love my life here, and its home for me. I have 2 children, a son who is 26 and a daughter who is 23.

I'm a nurse/psychiatric nurse by profession and have over 30 years clinical expereience.I've loved nursing, but its never satisfied me intellectually, and I was very happy to change direction and to take a Masters Degree in Health Promotion at the HEMIL-centre, University of Bergen, which I completed last year. My master project was a qualitative study on the meaning of the perceived availability of a confidant. Doing the masters in Health Promotion has opened up a whole new world for me, in many ways, and I'm dedicated to working for the promotion of health. My main areas of interest include social support/social relationships and mental health, ethnic health, salutogenesis, equity, human rights and the philosophy of health. At present I'm applying for funding for a PhD.

I'm very happy to be a part of the working group on ethics for the IUHPE, and I would like to start by looking into the subject of ethics from a philosophical point of view, as a background for our work. How does this sound?

I know Hope and Torill very well, as we all belong to the Hemil-centre, and I'm looking forward to getting to know Nithat and Elisha well too!

Very best wishes
from Gabrielle